Windows and Doors FAQ
Installing new windows or entry doors can be a big home improvement project, and at Jacob Sunroom & Exteriors we understand that you’ll have many questions about the process. To help you start your research, here is a list of FAQ’s about windows, doors and our installations. Feel free to call us with any more questions!
How do I know if my existing windows or doors need to be replaced?
There are many ways to tell if your windows need to be replaced, if you have one or more of the following it may be time to replace your windows:
- Window or door has rot
- Difficult to open or close
- Windows and doors are drafty or leaky
- Door has gaps between the door and the floor or sides when closed
- Windows rattle in the wind
- Seal is broken, fog between the window panes
- Window/Doors is chipped, cracked, or warped
- House is excessively hot in the summer or cold in the winter
What exactly is a replacement window or door?
Replacement windows and doors are designed to fit in an existing space where a previous window existed. Any of our window and door options can be used to replace existing windows and doors or for new spaces.
How do I know what type of window or door I need?
The type of window or door you will need is based on several factors, the previous window, your budget, preferences and what you are looking to get out of the window or door. Our representatives can help you determine what kind of window or door will fit your home.