The Benefits of a Walk-In Tub
Everyone deserves a safe bathing experience. However, for those with limited mobility, even something as simple as entering or exiting a bathing enclosure can prove to be a hazardous experience. If this scenario sounds familiar to you, then you’ve probably already considered investing in a walk-in tub. However, before making the leap and scheduling the installation, you may find yourself asking whether the benefits of these bathing fixtures outweigh their purchasing cost. What could you really stand to gain by investing in a walk-in bathtub?
While the precise features of a walk-in tub vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, you can safely expect to enjoy certain benefits no matter the fixture you invest in. These include:
For many investing in a walk-in tub, safety remains of paramount importance. After all, the majority household accidents occur in the bathroom. For those with limited mobility, this room poses even more of a hazard. Since you deserve a safe bathing experience, however, walk-in bathtubs are designed with security in mind, featuring:
- Low-threshold entrances, which make entering or exiting your tub as simple as stepping forward
- Slip-resistant flooring, which keeps you safe when navigating out of the tub after bathing
- Inset grab bars to provide you with additional stability when moving in your enclosure
Additionally, some walk-in tubs come with extra-wide doors and seating, which give you more room to move around as you enter and exit your bathing fixture.
When you purchase a walk-in bathtub, functionality matters more than ever. Unlike with a conventional tub, you have to sit in your walk-in tub both while it fills and while it drains. This is why you want to invest in a bathing fixture that boasts:
- Easy-to-reach operating mechanisms that keep you from wrenching your neck or back
- Quick fill and quick drain features to minimize waiting time
- Inline heaters, which can keep your water toasty right up until you finish with your bath
- Precise temperature control in order to keep you from accidentally scalding yourself
Investing in a functional walk-in tub can make all of the difference when it comes to your bathing experience, but it may also increase the resale value of your home—especially if you live in a retirement community or area with a large aging population.
Of course, just because you want a safe bathing experience doesn’t mean that you should sacrifice enjoyability when it comes to your tub. Most walk-in bathtubs come equipped with various hydrotherapy features, including:
- Whirlpool jets, which offer a gently targeted massage along common pain points to encourage circulation and reduce inflammation
- Air bubblers, which fill your tub with thousands of heated, champagne-like bubbles for a stimulating, effervescent experience
- Heated surfaces, which can help release tension in your sore or stiff muscles and keep you comfy while your tub fills or drains
With benefits like this, you’d be hard-pressed to find a reason not to invest in a walk-in tub. And if you live in the Louisville area, there’s no better place to turn for your new walk-in bathtub than Jacob Sunrooms, Exteriors & Baths. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary consultation.