Bathroom Design Trends We Love in 2021
A bathroom remodeling project may be the perfect upgrade for your home. Whether you covet a sleek, contemporary look or enjoy a more traditional style, there are countless bathroom design options for your home. Here at Jacob Sunrooms, Exteriors & Baths, we’ve been in business since 1977, and in that time, we’ve seen plenty of bathroom design trends come and go. If you’re looking for ideas to plan your own bathroom remodel, this is a great place to explore the latest design trends and gather tips for getting started.
Top Bathroom Design Trends
There are countless bathroom designs to peruse online and in showrooms, but to narrow things down further, here are three broader trends we love in 2021:
At Jacob Sunrooms, Exteriors & Baths, one of the most popular bathroom design requests we get is the barrier-free shower. Converting an outdated shower or a clunky, no-longer-useful bathtub into an open, walk-in shower can have a dramatic effect on the entire bathroom. Barrier-free showers can open up small spaces while providing an easily accessible bathing option, making them a great choice for achieving a variety of aesthetic and functional goals.
Creating a Personal Spa at Home
With people staying home more than ever, making different parts of the house as comfortable as possible has become a bigger priority. The bathroom is no exception, and upgrading this space can offer many benefits. In fact, the bathroom is an ideal space to transform into a place where you can enjoy a luxurious and spa-like experience. A deep, soaking tub with hydrotherapy jets and other therapeutic features can provide you with your own personal paradise right from the comfort of your own home.
Stylish Tub or Shower Walls
The walls of your bath or shower can have a major impact on the look and feel of the entire room, and many homeowners place a lot of emphasis on choosing just the right color, texture, and pattern to suit their taste. While homeowners love the luxurious look of natural stone and tile, today there’s an added emphasis on convenience. More homeowners are opting for low-maintenance surfaces that perfectly mimic the real thing to avoid the time-consuming upkeep of scrubbing tile grout lines or worrying about stains on natural materials. A top bathroom design trend for 2021 is achieving the same natural look with alternatives that offer far better convenience.
Tips for Planning Your Bathroom Design
With so many possibilities available and countless bathroom design trends to browse through, it can become challenging to narrow down your options to plan your own bathroom remodel. Here are some tips from the experts to help you get started with your bathroom design ideas:
- List out your goals and preferences for style and functionality so that you can prioritize your remodeling ideas accordingly.
- Get a personalized design consultation from a bathroom remodeling company for expert advice. This service is often offered for free to help you get started.
- Consider focusing on the bath or shower area of your bathroom, as these areas typically take up the most real estate and serve as a visual focal point in the room.
- Think about the long-term investment in the products you select. While tile may offer a great aesthetic, are you still going to enjoy it after the heavy scrubbing the grout lines will require over the years?
- Work with an established bathroom remodeling company that has experience flawlessly bringing bathroom design ideas to life.
Explore Your Bathroom Design Ideas with the Experts
If you’re thinking about a bathroom remodeling project for your home in the greater Fenton, MO, area, turn to the experts at Jacob Sunrooms, Exteriors & Baths. We would be happy to schedule a free consultation to discuss your bathroom design ideas in detail.